top of page

Sinclair House

Sinclair House was built partly on the site of Holland Cottage, destroyed during the German air raids of November 1940.

Opened in 1978, the house is named after the Rt. Hon. The Lady Sinclair of Cleeve, who was involved in the affairs of the University for many years and served on the hall committee of Manor Hall until her death. The house consists of twelve flats for five students each, and ten ground floor flats for overseas postgraduates and their families. The British Council contributed to the project on the understanding that preference would be given to students from the Commonwealth, or to those on British Council Scholarships. Mr P J L Allen, MA, the former Regional Director of the British Council and the current Chairman of the Manor Hall Advisory Committee, oversaw the construction of Sinclair House.




bottom of page